Do you want to help end the Hostile Environment? Build your policy, influencing and communications experience? Support children, young people and families to speak out about their experiences of immigration control? Then come work for us!
We are looking for someone to join us as our Policy Officer to help deliver our Paul Hamlyn Foundation funded work over the next three years. You’ll work with our Senior Policy Officer (who you will report to), our Senior Solicitor, Chief Executive and members of our legal and wider support team to understand how Hostile Environment policies impact children, young people and their families in the North West. A key part of the role will be working strategically to fight for positive changes at a local, regional and national level.
Here’s what we’re looking for
- experience of conducting primary and secondary research
- experience of analysing quantitative and qualitative information
- strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to make strong, persuasive arguments
- good project and workload management skills
- a proactive attitude and willingness to learn new skills as required
- experience/willingness to learn social media skills, press relations, website management
- ability to work collaboratively with people across organisations and sectors
- ability to organise events
The post is based from our office in Manchester. We are currently working remotely because of COVID-19. As things ease, travel to attend meetings, especially to London, may be required on an ad hoc basis. We recognise that the pandemic means you might want more information about our current working situation. For an informal discussion about the post please contact Amanda Shah, Senior Policy Officer email@example.com We particularly welcome inquiries from people who have lived experience of being subjected to immigration control.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 October at 12 noon.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org