This position is now closed.
GMIAU is hiring a Project Worker!
The main purpose of the post is to assist people who are in need as part of our project ‘Connecting People, Preventing Crisis’. Specifically, this includes people who are homeless and destitute, children and young people, people who have ‘no recourse to public funds’ and others who are at risk. This is a post funded by the National Lottery Community Fund fixed-term for 3 years.
We’re looking for someone with the following skills:
- Ability to provide advice and support to people who are in crisis and at risk of homelessness and destitution.
- Ability to develop trusting relationships and networks with a wide range of people and agencies.
- Ability to advocate for and with people in crisis to minimise the risk of homelessness and destitution and achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team.
- To be well-organised and to be proficient in the use of Word, Excel and other digital systems for communication and record keeping.
- Good listening skills and the ability to work with people in a calm and appropriate manner.
- To have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively in English, verbally and in writing, with a wide range of people.
- Be able to work well under pressure and work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organise and deliver training.
Applications from people with lived experience are particularly welcome.
The closing date for applications is Friday 11th June at 12 noon.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org